History

HOMEOur Company > History

Company history

Since our founding, we have been involved in many fields chiefly centered on reagents
By supplying reagents and related instruments needed for preventive medicine, environmental analysis, and biotechnology, we have been making our contribution to supporting people's health and shared well-being. This being our goal, we make every effort to supply highly reliable products.

April 14, 1918: (Founding) A shop was opened in Hirano Cho, Chuou Ward, Osaka, and named Inoue Chemical Medicine
February 1929 The company name was changed to Inoue Chemical Medicine Shop, a limited partnership
June 1932 : The company name was again changed, this time to Katayama Chemical Medicine Shop, a limited partnership
August 9, 1948 Incorporated Company name changed to Katayama Chemicals Co., Ltd.
July 1951 The Amagasaki plant was opened at the current location.
March 1958 The Amagasaki plant was approved as a JIS certified plant by MITI (the Ministry of International Trade and Industry), a ministry of the Japanese government.
August 1963 The Okayama sales office was opened.
October 1973 Construction of headquarter building was completed at the current location, and the company was moved in.
June 1980 The Tokyo sales office was opened.
July 1980 The Tokushima sales office was opened.
September 1986 The Tsukuba sales office was opened.
August 1989 The Sanda distribution center was opened.
May 1991 The Ikeda sales office was opened.
April 1997 The Yamaguchi sales office was opened.
August 1997 The Okayama sales office was opened.
February 1998 The Sanda plant was constructed
March 2001 An operating tie-up was made with Sigma Aldrich Japan
December 2001 The Toyama sales office was opened.
May 2002 The Osaka sales office was opened.
June 2002 A new warehouse was constructed on the Sanda business site
May 2003 The Kanagawa sales office was opened..
February 2004 The Kobe R&D center was opened
August 2004 The Amagasaki plant received ISO9001 certification
March 2007 A new building was constructed for the Tokushima sales office and was opened for business.
March 2007 The Minoh sales office was opened..

"));